Sunday, February 26, 2017

Waiting.

We still don't know anything. And we won't until Friday, which is a long time (long enough for me to get some answers from my job about some logistics) -- but good things are happening.

We got to tell people, which is like someone released a pressure valve on my insides. Every time I have to fudge the truth or act excited about things I know I'm not going to experience, the vice grips tighter and tighter. The reactions are relatively positive, but not without some sadness and confusion. Every time we tell someone, I go through all my own emotions about it too. But, it is good to know that most people are happy for our new adventure.

Some people are so excited they've already booked plane tickets! Which is hilarious because we haven't even booked plane tickets. Knowing that there are going to be house guests and fun adventures waiting for us to plan makes me feel like even if we come back (when we come back?) it will have been worth it to give people the opportunity to try a new fun place.

We're learning the language. D is learning with this and I am learning with this. That should tell you almost everything you need to know about us.

We are looking at apartments. And I'm hunting for jobs. I started following gorgeous Amsterdam instagram (Amstagram?) accounts.

Trying to outweigh the anxiety of not knowing with the excitement of all the things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment