Tuesday, March 7, 2017

More informed waiting

In the past week, we have learned a few things and decided on almost absolutely nothing.

We now know that D has to leave by May 31. Which is only a few days before we initially planned, but because it is May and not June, it feels so much sooner. It is 84 days. Holy crap.

We have absolutely no idea when I'm going. Maybe May 31, maybe July 1, maybe some time in between? I'm struggling with leaving before the end of the fiscal year of my job because some might  see it as poor form, and also means no bonus.

We know the cats need new microchips. We don't know if they need new rabies shots. But we're giving them new rabies shots anyway. They're going to be so mad. Three vet visits in the next 3 months. And then a seven hour flight. We are trying to find a good time to break the news to them.

We know it is going to be hard for me to find a job due to my not speaking Dutch. I continue to haphazardly apply for jobs with just as much energy as I put into day dreaming about Amsterdam real estate.

Everything is still so up in the air...making the keeping of the secrets harder. And it has taken me three days to write this blog because of cat research, cover letter writing and (mostly) the People vs. OJ Simpson.


No comments:

Post a Comment